Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Saturday Alone

Ken is at a wedding in Kingston this weekend. I declined on the trip since we have been on the road so much lately I just wanted a weekend at home.

Side Note: Last Saturday we went to see Spamalot at the Canon Theatre in Toronto, I definitely recommend catching it before it leaves on September 10th. Having seen The Holy Grail many, many, many, many times in highschool, I was quite excited about seeing the stage version. We took my brother and sister and they also both enjoyed the show. Laur is not a fan of the movie, but she bought a ticket anyway, she prefers the theatre. :) The only thing that I disliked about the show was the venue, the inside of the theatre is wonderful, however there are not enough washroom facilities and you have to make a mad dash at intermission to make it to the line and get through in time to get back to your seat before the second act starts. Laur and I had similar issues when we went to see Wicked.
Oh yeah, Wicked is coming back in October, I recommend seeing it... just make sure to use the washroom before you head to the show and don't drink too much while you are there. :)

So, back to my Saturday alone at home...

I got out of bed around 8:30... I was awake earlier to bid Ken farewell at 7:00 or so... I put on some "work" clothes and headed to our powder room, where I torn down the wallpaper, removed the medicine cabinet (which I found was fastened to the wall with 4 mismatched screws, none of which were secure in the wall), cleaned down the walls and then cleaned the paper up as well as cleaned the sink and toilet. I then decided to give the cats a bath, Zuzu is a treat in that she doesn't cry, she just wants to cuddle into me, so basically I have a wet cat curled into my shoulder the whole time. Cleo on the other hand, the cat that loves to drink water and will often jump into the tub after somone comes out of the shower, she cries and cries and cries, you would think she was being killed. They both survived and now smell so pretty. :)

After getting myself cleaned up, I made myself some lunch and watched a little tv. I've tidied things up a bit and then decided to go back to the tv... I found that High School Musical was on, this is a movie I have wanted to see since I saw the review in People ... it's a Disney movie, there is a cheese factor to it but I couldn't turn it off, the music was catchy and I could see why this movie has become such a hit. The main character, Troy Bolton, played by Zac Efron is not hard to look at (if you're a teenage girl that is.. uh, yeah, that's it) ;)

Now I sit here blogging and loading songs onto iTunes, I still haven't gone through my whole CD collection yet.

After reading Sandra's blog, I was thinking about my top 5 movies... I don't think I could pick just 5 movies that I really like, so here are 5 that come to mind right now...

So I Married An Axe Murderer
- this movie makes me laugh every time I watch it, and I have watched it many, many, many, many (you get the picture) times. This was the post bar, pizza watching movie when I was in University, I can pretty much recite the whole thing, it brings back to many great memories that I can't help but love it.

The Man in the Moon - this is not the movie about Andy Kaufman (that was Man on the Moon). This is the debut movie of Reese Witherspoon, again a movie I have seen many times and each and every time I see it I cry like I didn't know what was going to happen.

The Sound of Music - I can't help it, I love this movie. This is my feel good movie, how can you watch this movie and not sing? The Will & Grace episode with the sing along Sound of Music was awesome.

It's A Wonderful Life - An annual tear jerker, that helps to remind me just what is important.

The Little Mermaid - there is just something about this Disney flick that adds it to my list here. I think the memories that are tied to it along with the great songs (I've got a thing for musicals :) ) make this a natural choice for me. This is a movie that I have watched over and over again, thanks in part to spending a good portion of a semester in the 10th grade watching it at lunch... I wasn't the only one watching it. :)

I will be watching one of Sandra's five, Waking Life, tonight as my co-worker, Saibal, lent this to me months ago and we haven't watched it. Usually if we get a chance to watch a movie on a Saturday we tune into TVO for Saturday Night at the Movies.

Well, I think it is now time to get some dinner and perhaps watch Waking Life before 8 so I can still catch tonight's TVO flicks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home