Monday, November 28, 2005

Back to Blogging...

It has been a while since I have posted... seems like most things I add here start something like this...

Only 27 more days until Christmas and I have almost finished my shopping, just a few things left to buy, hopefully I will get lucky and find some deals online. I find purchasing for Grandparents is one of the most difficult things to do since they have so much stuff to begin with and they don't really want any more "things/dust collectors". What does one buy for Grandma and Grandpa?

My office "Holiday" Party is this coming Saturday, it will be the first one for me at NDI and I am looking forward to spending some quality socializing time with my co-workers outside of the office.

The following weekend we have our Annual Open House, not certain if the turnout will be as large as in previous years but it's still great to see everyone who can make it out. That's the downfall of living in Waterloo when most of the friends and family live elsewhere.

The weekend after that we have Ken's office "Holiday" Party and then the 30th Birthday Party of my friend Channywee... we are all getting so old.

The next weekend is then Christmas... this year has certain zipped by, hence why I haven't spent much time publishing... oh, that and the fact that I would need to beat my hubby over the head with a stick in order to get any significant computer time. ;) Just kidding dear! :)

This Thursday I will be attending a Murder Mystery dinner so perhaps I will be back on Friday to give an update...

Well, off to get dinner on the stove... still waiting for a big lottery win so that I can hire that professional chef. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

I am not sure if my idea is something that you can do for your grandparents, but here it is. Actually my grandfather is deceased. When my grandmother moved out of her place, my father tried to get rid of a bunch of stuff that he felt were not important. I decided to keep a few things, such as some of my grandfather's favorite old sweaters. He use to wear them all the time. He died 9 years ago, and within the past year I mentioned it to my grandmother and she said she would like to have one. So I am going to send her one. Also I was able to scan many photos that have been collected by her over the years. Photos of them when they were younger, etc. I am into scrapbooking and I am going to make her a scrapbook containing many of these photos for her to look back on. So the sweater and scrapbook to remind her of her life and my grandfather. She is 85 years old and I believe at her age the best present I can give her is a trip down memory lane. Good luck.

5:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home