Friday, August 19, 2005




It's been a while since I have posted something. Unfortunately I have decided to come out of my hiatus with sad news.

Today, shortly after 6:30 pm, Ken and I said our final farewells to our boy, Shadow. We were in the room and tried to comfort him as he received his fatal injection. He had had a steady decline for the past 5 months, going from not using his litter box to walking in circles to not seeing, breaking our hearts the whole time. We tried as many different treatments as we could and 2 weeks ago the vet suggested that we had done all we could and unfortunately there was nothing else we could do. We had to decide whether or not to keep him alive, was it worth it for us to constantly clean up his messes and watch while he circled nonstop or else slept with this head against the wall trying to release the pressure on his head... was it fair for us to do this to him, his quality of life had decreased to the point where he would end up sleeping in his own puddles while we were at work, that is no way for any being to live.

We will miss the cat we adopted nearly two years ago, who was big on giving kisses and being affectionate, until he got sick, who loved to have baths and ride in the car. He also loved to bully dogs and take their food, poor little Ozzie.

Our boy who had no fear is in a better place now where he will no longer be given needles and fed pills or other medications. He can forever rest peacefully.

We did decide to do a private cremation and will receive his ashes back in the next week, I will place them next to the portrait I received of him for my birthday, which I display on my mantle.

Love you Shadow, miss you already boo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Shadow! My heart goes out to you.
"The cat does not offer services. The cat offers itself. Of course he wants care and shelter. You don't buy love for nothing."
- - - William S. Burroughs

9:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home