Wednesday, August 30, 2006

112 and counting

I now have 112 books listed on LibraryThing and I still have 3 shelves to add and then I suppose I could also add all of the kids books that I have as well, so I think that is another 3 shelves.

Cross-stitching for old ladies?

I have a co-worker, my lunch time card partner even, who just loves to poke fun... I had mentioned watching the Emmy Awards and he couldn't understand how someone could watch an award show for 3 hours. I mentioned that I listen more than watch as I am generally cross-stitching when I am watching tv... instantly I became an old lady... sheesh, I have been cross-stitching since I was a teen, I hardly thought of myself as an old lady then. I enjoy working on patterns and seeing the finished project, for the most part what I work on is given away as gifts... besides, this is a great hobby to have when you want to avoid snacking. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy! I didn't realize your blog was still up and running - I will be sure to visit more often :) And give your co-worker a kick in the pants. Old Lady?? Whatever! I'm sitting here, knitting needles in hand and I feel hip and young as ever LOL. And yes, needlework is the best distraction from snacks!

11:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home